Position: Piping Engineer
Duration: May 2017 – Oct 2019
Location: HCMC Office and Fabrication sites
What You Will Do
• Responsible for reviewing the requirements and design of all piping systems, piping interfaces, piping materials requirements and quantities, equipment layouts, interfaces with pumps, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, packaged equipment etc. for the facilities and ensuring correct implementation during the design, fabrication, installation and commissioning phases of offshore facilities. This position provides inputs into piping design primarily for the TLWP facilities but may have involvement in the FPSO facilities.
• Participate in review and approval on behalf of Company Contractor’s piping and layout design and engineering deliverables in accordance with Company and Project requirements.
• Ensure that all legislative requirements relating to offshore facilities in Vietnam are complied with in respect to the above and are correctly implemented.
• Participate in implementation of Company Standards for Piping Systems including Piping Specifications, Piping Supports Specifications, Valve Specifications, Piping Special Items Specifications, philosophies.
• Participate in specification of materials selection and generation of MTOs for reimbursable and provisional sum procurement items (both long-lead and non- long-lead) as required.
• Ensure that piping materials and associated piping items are specified, manufactured and delivered as per project requirements.
• Interface with other engineering disciplines on their requirements and ensure the requirements are incorporated within design of the piping systems.
• Participate in establishment and monitoring technical procedures for inspection and maintenance of piping systems and interconnecting equipment to ensure their effectiveness and safety in process during fabrication, installation and commissioning phases.
• Monitoring the engineering contractor’s piping design and progress during the design phases.
• Manage the piping interfaces between the various contractors and packaged equipment suppliers.
• Manage, review and approve Contractor PDMS modeling and model development
• Review facility and module layouts and layout design parameters to ensure compliance with project requirements. Function as a discipline interface focal point for layout issues as they pertain to the PDMS model and its development
• Assist with development and planning of technical solutions from a piping engineering perspective for facilities covering those for topsides, substructures, process and utilities equipment, tie-backs for products export and utilities support, and the sequencing and methodology for future facilities expansion.
• Attend pre-award and coordination meetings between materials and equipment suppliers.
• Provide piping input into HAZOP’s and other safety related analysis.
• Provide piping input into requirements for subsea equipment.
• Contribute to the generation of the Company Basis of Design and Functional Specification documents.
• Provide input to QA / QC procedures for construction related activities e.g. weld procedures, non-destructive testing, hydrotesting etc.
• Assist with management of technical interface issues between the piping systems, TLWP, FPSO and address materials / corrosion issues.
• Assist with generation of Invitation to Bid documents & associated scopes of work for the piping discipline and participate in consideration and evaluation of the bidders.
• Provide site support during the fabrication, instillation and commissioning phases.
• Review / develop piping related commissioning procedures in accordance with project requirements.
• Act as a member of the onshore and offshore commissioning teams for the piping discipline.
• Monitoring the engineering contractor’s design and progress and highlight problem areas to the Facilities Team during the design phase.
• Providing operational / technical support after hand over of the facilities firstly from contractor and then to Operations Department.The position will require relocation to the TLWP detailed engineering execution office followed by TLWP fabrication site as directed and determined by Project Management. Periodic visits of varying duration to the FPSO detailed engineering execution office will be required.
What You Are Good At
Qualifications & Work Experience Requirements:
• Mechanical engineering degree or other Higher Educational Certificate (technical); Bachelor of Science, HNC or other equivalent
• Minimum 7 years experience in oil and gas project design and execution with a focus on offshore project developments
• Experience working in project execution environments including Contractor engineering offices, fabrication yards, performing onshore commissioning and assisting with / performing offshore hook up and commissioning
• Have in depth knowledge of industry piping codes and standards and their application to offshore oil and gas facilities
• Multi-disciplinary knowledge and understanding of the piping engineering and design interfaces to other disciplines for offshore oil and gas developments
• Detailed knowledge of and experience with PDMS modeling and its execution, review and associated interface and carry over into fabrication
• Experience with TLWP topsides design and layout is a benefit
• Fully experienced with the industry standard project control techniques (e.g. document control, time-writing, invoicing, change control, variation orders, and general administration)Soft Skills:
• Focused on delivery, quality and timing;
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to openly communicate with team members and peers;
• Ability to work within a team environment and be an active team member;
• Ability to manage time and priorities effectively;
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a multi- discipline, multi-cultural environment;
• Proficient with MS-Windows and MS-Office software (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook)
• Excellent organizational skills; able to manage multiple tasks assigned and deliver a consistently high standard of work accurately and on-time
• Workplace Safety focus.
About Our Company
District 1, HCMContact person: HR Department
We are committed to adding value and improving our client’s resources to support the success of their projects and operations by providing high quality :
Organizational Support & Development
Trainor Consultant Services is to be the most admired Technical Services Company in our markets, by our clients, our personnel, and the industry, and be recognized as providing the highest quality personnel that are dedicated to and focused on meeting the clients objectives.
We will provide an extra-ordinary service to our clients and associates.
We will promote teamwork and collaboration within our organization and with our clients to ensure needs are identified and fulfilled.
We will ensure our personnel and staff are cared for the best of our ability.
We will conduct our business ethically and soundly, being fair to all.
We will maintain excellence in safety, health & environmental standards – in everything we do.
We will demand a high level of respect for individuals, their cultures, and the diversity of all people involved with our business.
We will endeavour to reinforce and strengthen our relations and reputation among our clients, our community, and our host Country.
Please include the reference number and position description when sending your CV / Resume. You will be contacted prior to any submission to Client. Please send your updated CV / Resume to Application@TrainorAsia.com soon.